All prices quoted on this site includes VAT.
All service with Netmask.host is payable in advance for the month in the form of a debit/credit card payment or alternatively via PayPal. In the case were we cannot predetermine your monthly charges like bandwidth over usage, we will bill at the end of the month
ACCEPTABLE USAGE POLICY – WEB HOSTING
The unlimited bandwidth usage provided by Netmask.host is subject to reasonable usage. Netmask.host reserves the right to request an upgrade to a larger hosting packages should the client have excessive data usage.
Clients will be notified of such excessive usage and provided with alternatives.
Clients are responsible for their own backups and restore.
Netmask.host provide backups of the environment (including data) in the case of a disaster recovery.
The web hosting panel makes provision for backup and restore.
Additionally the client is welcome and encouraged to make additional type of backup as might be their requirement including page content in their website content management system.
DOMAIN REGISTRATION AGREEMENT
Click here to view the agreement for ZA.Domains
Hosting is provided on a month to month basis, no contracts apply. Unpaid hosting spaces will be removed from our servers after two weeks. No backups of these spaces will be available after this. It remains the client’s responsibility to take backups before cancellation or migration away from us. Hosting is either paid and active or unpaid and data scheduled for removal.
Upon signing up for your Netmask.host hosting account you can expect the following from our very user friendly, self-managed hosting service:
- Allocated disk space (based on the type of hosting plan selected)
- e-Mail accounts (based on the type of hosting plan selected)
- Unlimited bandwidth (amount of traffic generated by visitors accessing your site)
- Domains and websites (quota based on type of hosting selected)
- Webmail interface to manage e-Mail accounts (Roundcube)
- Host panel (DirectAdmin) to manage hosting features, i.e. create e-Mail accounts, updates DNS, create databases and install free Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate
- Client Area to manage hosting account and view invoices
Please note: The below forms part of the self-managed service, but is not limited to:
- Setup and configuration of your client desktop software (Windows, Mac, Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail).
- Setup and configuration of your phone or tablet.
- Resetting or changing your passwords of hosting panel accounts or e-Mail accounts.
- Creating mail accounts, changing your mail settings, limits or out-of-office replies.
- Registering domains
Acceptable use policy of Netmask.host is subject to the acceptable and use policies of Xneelo and the WWW consortium in addition to other related acceptable usage as described in this document.
Find more info regarding Xneelo and the WWW consortium on their respective sites.
Kindly note that the support offered by Netmask.host is directly related to the uptime of the hosting and e-Mail services, i.e.
- We run weekly (Database / Website Files) backups (stored for 4 days)
- E-Mails are stored for a maximum of 48 hours, should an account need to be restored, due to accidental removal.
- Our hosting services are fully self-managed
We are not allowed to create mail accounts or reset mail account and panel passwords.
The responsibility of Netmask.host is to ensure that the web servers are running as expected and will inform clients of any emergency downtime or planned downtime to upgrade servers or operating systems, etc. We have published a vast number of online guides to assist you with the management of your services.
The client’s responsibility involves the following, but is not limited to;
select very strong password and install brute force attack to keep unwanted visitors at
The responsibility of Netmask.host is to ensure that the mail servers are functioning as expected. This means that should you be able to send and receive using the webmail (Roundcube) interface, our services are active.
The client’s responsibility involves the following, but is not limited to;
Netmask.host provides online support in the form of an extensive knowledgebase as well as the following channels, should you require additional assistance:
Support ticket via website form
This usually serves as a channel, should your primary e-Mail account not function in order to send a support request
Support eMail from your primary account
This is the preferred method of communication, to ensure that all conversations are recorded.
Should you experience an emergency, i.e. your server and/or website is down or your website has been hacked, feel free to contact us directly and we will gladly assist you.
The Online Chat is only for pre-sales questions and requests, such as:
Although Netmask.host displays statistics of site visits using 3rd party tools we does not keep any statistics data for backup. As user you are responsible to manage the stats on your site. We give all web administrators access to the raw log files and encourage backup of these.
The hosting industry in South Africa is driven by bandwidth. All our packages get calculated primarily based on bandwidth. Other factors such as spaces used on the disk and email usage etc. also play a smaller role. Your panel will at any time show you your totals regarding space and bandwidth. When the bandwidth gets exceeded an additional invoice will be payable on the over bandwidth usage. The rate gets published on the hosting pages on this website.
CANCELLATION AND ACCOUNT CLOSURE
Firstly we absolutely hate to see you leave, so if there is anything we can do to change your mind please let us know, anything!!
Ok, so if we’re unable to retain you as a client, the following detail will help to make the transition to your new home easier.
- We have no contracts, therefore notice is not required however, You do have to remove your services once you have migrated away. See the last point about removing your services.
- Backup all your files and databases. You need to back up your website files, export any databases from your hosting panel and migrate your mail accounts across prior to initiating the domain transfer. The hosting panel details would have been sent to your primary technical e-Mail. If you do not have these, log a request at email@example.com requesting this. Take note that this is not a function performed by us, it is your responsibility.
- Now that you have the backups, remove them from the servers and hand it to the new guys to load on your new home. Again, we are not responsible to transfer your content.
- Your new Hosting provider needs to setup the website and database on their server along with the e-Mail accounts that you might have. e-Mails are always on the client PC or mac, even if you used IMAP, the synchronized copy is on your machine, just make sure you copy these mails to a separate file. For instance on Microsoft Outlook, create a new data store and just copy the mails you want to keep. It is best to get the new guys to assist you since you are migrating to a new environment that we do not manage or control. (Are you the Web Master? See below)
- Now that you have backups and your services are correctly setup with the new service provider, you should request them to transfer the domain.
- We cannot transfer your domain away from us!
- Once the domain is transferred away, all services are the responsibility of the new service provider, and they will assist you on your carefree journey forward.
- You should now remove all your services, such as hosting, on our hosting admin system. You can find this here https://p.netmask.host/clientarea.php. If you do not remove this, you will still be invoiced.
- All services are now removed from our servers. This is automated. It is not that we are angry with you for leaving, it is that these services take up resources like disk space, bandwidth, CPU, etc.
- Let us know if there is anything else. Hopefully we see you again…really, we love you!
– The new provider requests a transfer.
– The primary owner of the domain (YOU) will then receive a mail from the domain registrar requesting you to accept or decline the transfer.
– Accept the ticket if you want to continue to transfer away.
New Web Master(s) looking for answers.
- We try our absolute best to service our clients. As a professional Service Provider we are focused on our clients, and them alone.
- Red Cactus has no responsibility to move your “new” customer’s data, explaining our hosting environment or assisting you in building your business.
- If you do not understand how to migrate WordPress websites, Email data, SQL files etc, this is your responsibility to educate yourself, not ours.
- Please understand it is not that we do not want to support you as Web Master / Small Business, it is just that we are focused on our current clients and keeping them happy!
- As a last thought, you have just gained a new client, yippee ki yay! Please act accordingly and take full responsibility…. as ours unfortunately just ended.
The reseller will invoice his/her clients via their own invoicing and billing software, e.g. WHMCS. The charges payable to Netmask.host for the reseller hosting facility is predefined per package. The changes will include the package charge any additional domain registration/renewal and support fees (where applicable).
Where resellers are not able to support their client(s) any longer or the client has a legitimate reason to move away from the reseller, the client(s) will be migrated to Netmask.host. This will be discussed with the reseller prior to the action and only serves to prevent damage to the Netmask.host brand. This will only be done as a last resort!
As resellers you are bound by the terms and conditions of all applicable authorities, including but not limited to https://www.registry.net.za and https://opensrs.com for domain registrations. (see domain registration agreement above for links and T&C references).
Because of the nature of reselling, all our resellers are required to pay the services via debit order or repeating credit card (coming soon). This avoids any downtime and admin related issues, which will impact negatively on your clients and us as an organization.
Netmask.host makes use of commercially licensed email software. We maintain backups of all data for 24 hours for the purpose of Disaster Recovery only. The client is responsible for their own mail. We have no control over whether you delete mails or not. If mails are removed from the mail server it is no longer available for us to recover after 24 hours.
IMAP protocal synchronizes server mail with client devices and vice versa. When using this protocal the emails will be available if your client device is “lost”. Replacing the client device and reconfiguring the software will resynchronize your mails again.
Netmask.host provides bulk email facilities on a request basis. The issuing of these bulk email accounts and the validity of these accounts are subject to the Internet Authorities and the Data Centers term’s and conditions.
Full detail here: https://www.redcactus.co.za/support-knowledgebase/bulk-mail-setup/
CLIENT AREA, SELF-MANAGEMENT OF SERVICES AND DIRECT ADMIN HOST PANEL
Netmask.host provides a service to our customers for remuneration. Our accounting system will invoice you when services need to be paid in addition to statements in order for you to see the full financial records.
The accounting system keeps key communication fields in order to email the financial as well as notifications to the clients. It remains the client’s responsibility to keep all relevant information up-to-date.
The client area enables all our clients to self-manage their services at any-time. This system is currently published at https://p.netmask.host/clientarea.php. The system is constantly changing to allow for more functions but in its current form supports the ability to manage hosting functions and domain actions.
By logging into the client area the client understands and is responsible for their account details and ensuring that the credentials is kept secret. Many actions like registering a Domain Name has direct financial implications that the account owner becomes responsible for. The access to the above system is recommended only by selected responsible representatives of the company or organization.
We also provide a web hosting panel called Direct Admin. This system will assist you with normal web hosting functions, such as DNS editing, FTP account creation, Database management and much more.
Please ensure that your password for all our systems are strong and changed on a regular basis, in addition to not using those passwords on other locations.
FREE DOMAIN .co.za
The free .co.za domains only applies to the initial registration. Normal renewal fees apply after the initial registration. The free domain registration is limited to one domain per user/client.
NETMASK.HOST NON-DISCLOSURE AGREEMENT
Netmask.host agrees that the all the information disclosed by the client (you) including such information disclosed in writing, orally or by inspection of client’s (your) property, relating to (without limitation) the company’s prototypes, samples, technical data, trade secrets, know-how, actual and anticipated research, developments or products, product plans, services, software, inventions, processes, discoveries, formulas, architectures, concepts, ideas, designs, drawings, personnel, customers, markets, marketing plans, distribution methods, financial information, sales or programming matter, compositions, drawings, diagrams, computer programs, studies, work in process, visual demonstrations, manufacturing plans, confidential information disclosed to the company by third parties and other data, whether oral, written, evidence is now or subsequently becomes generally known or available by publication, commercial use or otherwise, through no fault of Red Cactus.
Netmask.host agrees to use the confidential information solely for the purpose to use all possible means to maintain the confidential information in strict confidence and at least those measures that it employs for the protection of its own confidential information, but in any event not less than a reasonable degree of care to disclose confidential information only to Netmask.host employees who are required to have the information to perform their duties on behalf of the client (you)
send me a quote, or give me a call.
Quotes are free! Why not drop us a mail and tell us how we can help, and we will send you a quote?